We are thrilled to extend a warm welcome to you for your interest to mentor our women in agribusiness. Your enthusiasm to volunteer your time and share your expertise is truly appreciated, and we are excited to have you onboard.
As a facilitator, mentor or coach, you will have the opportunity to impart knowledge and skills to our participants, and make a positive impact in their agribusiness ventures. You will serve as a role model and guide, sharing your experience and insights to help them overcome challenges and achieve success.
In return, you will gain personal satisfaction from your mentorship, while also enhancing your leadership and coaching skills. You will have the opportunity to expand your professional network and establish new relationships with fellow mentors and participants. Most importantly, you will be contributing to a worthy cause by empowering women in agribusiness to become successful entrepreneurs and leaders.
Our fellowship aims to equip women with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in agribusiness and support their financial independence. With your guidance, they can overcome challenges, grow their businesses and make positive contributions to the economy.
To become a mentor, please click to apply and we will get back to you with the next steps.
We require 16 hours of your time within a four month period (July to October).
This means, helping the Igniter succeed by providing guidance and assisting her in developing skills and knowledge that will enhance her personal and business growth. You will receive your packet once selected.
- Professional or Entrepreneurial experience: Should have significant experience in their field of work.
- Passion: Should be genuinely interested in helping others succeed and meet their personal and professional goals.
- Time commitment: Should be willing to commit their time and energy to help them succeed, and be available for regular meetings, communication and feedback.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills: Should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively guide and support these Igniters.
- Cultural sensitivity: Since the fellowship is focused on women in Africa and the diaspora, you should have sensitivity to and understanding of various cultures.
- Professionalism: Should exhibit professionalism in all interactions with Igniters, and maintain confidentiality in their communications.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion: Should be committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the agribusiness industry and supporting the fellowship’s mission.
We are looking for incredible experts in the following topics:
Customer Development, Revenue, Agribusiness Value Chain Analysis, Branding & Design, Pitching, Cross Cultural Exporting, Legal/IP, Team Building, Financial Modelling, Fundraising, Sales vs Marketing, Leadership Development.
As a mentor, you will have the opportunity to share your expertise and skills, and help our women entrepreneurs succeed. You will work with them to identify their strengths and areas for improvement, help them to develop their business plans, provide feedback and advice on their agribusinesses, and connect them to resources and networks that can help them achieve their goals.
As a coach, you will provide guidance, support, and expertise to these women as they navigate their Agripreneurial journeys. Your role will include helping the Igniters develop business plans, identify opportunities for growth in their fields, leverage resources, and overcome obstacles. You will work closely with entrepreneurs to help them build the skills, knowledge, and confidence needed to succeed in their chosen fields. We need Agribusiness practitioners here eg, crop farmers, aggregators, poultry farmers, exporters, agri journalists etc.